Code 3 Darth Vader Tie Fighter Edition Size?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am a bit confused about the edition size for the regular code 3 darth vader tie fighter (not the damaged one).

On most websites it says it's 5000 ES, but the pictures on ebay show it's ES 2000 ? Anyone know for sure what the ES is?

Btw not sure if this is recent, but amazon has it on sale for $130 shipped, i couldnt believe the price and had to get one :)

Hi guys, i am a bit confused about the edition size for the regular code 3 darth vader tie fighter (not the damaged one).

On most websites it says it's 5000 ES, but the pictures on ebay show it's ES 2000 ? Anyone know for sure what the ES is?

Btw not sure if this is recent, but amazon has it on sale for $130 shipped, i couldnt believe the price and had to get one :)
I dont think carton number has anything to do with the ES. Even the X Wing covers had Carton numbers of something of 2000.

I remember when the company folded, you could get this and Slave 1 for $99 shipped.

dang wish i knew about it back then. btw correction the company didnt fold, they been around for a long time. They lost their starwar license and couldnt make anymore. Code 3 is still around making model firetrucks :)

That's good to know that they're still in business. The TIE x1 was an awesome piece and it would have sucked if the guys who made it weren't still doing something. Do you know why they lost the license?

Maybe SW license was too much for them. Anyway the Code 3 Vader's TIE and Code 3 AT-ST which I both own are superb. The removing panels, the figures inside, the details on the ships themselves are all great. The ships are made of metal and are quite heavy and sturdy.

502z5w.jpg

2py836u.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviAitS1tRo"]Code 3 Vader's TIE Fighter - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvrI1mZMfTQ"]Star Wars Code 3 AT-ST - YouTube[/ame]

I wish I could remember how many parts composed the TIE. I know it was over 300. Love the matte finish, and that they included the magnet tool to remove the panels so the oils in your skin don't ruin it. Love how the stand holds it in a flying position. Love that there's a figure in the cockpit. Love that it's die-cast.

Between this and my MR ANH Vader lightsaber, I really wish I had the PF. They'd would all accompany each other fantasically.

Did the AT-ST have any weathering or was it just solid gray? The flash used in the video makes it hard to tell.

Ah. Well, it looks quality nonetheless.

It is. Quite accurate, people saying it is shorter are only partially right because parts of the legs are tucked behind but they do exist. The interior of the AT-ST is simply outstanding. It is very heavy, solid and stable - couldn't believe how stable it is. Guns and turret/head rotate, legs move, hatch opens up (with magnetic tool) and lateral part can be removed to show interior. This is the best until studio scale comes and that will be huge (maybe even bigger than the MR AT-AT) and of course expensive

As for the Code 3 Vader's TIE, the signature version has a cool Death Star base with James Earl Jones autograph, but the battle damage is quite ugly and unimpressive. Passed on one twice already. Not worth the money, better go for regular version for cheaper price, same quality. JEJ's signature can be obtained TTM for free anyway. ;)

I still have the Signature X-Wing and TIE, Falcon and Slave I. I sold the Republic Gunship and AT-ST, but I still like having the remaining four.

aaaaaaaaaaaand, now there are 13 in stock. :rotfl

edit: nvm, lol there are 13 for a much higher cost from a different company. I'm a dummy. :D

Looks like the deal is gone.

As for the Code 3 Vader's TIE, the signature version has a cool Death Star base with James Earl Jones autograph, but the battle damage is quite ugly and unimpressive. Passed on one twice already. Not worth the money, better go for regular version for cheaper price, same quality. JEJ's signature can be obtained TTM for free anyway. ;)

Yeah i looked at the signature version too it cost about $200 more, but i dont like the way the damaged wing was done, looks really fake and cheap. Good to know i am not the only one.

The metal die-cast construction is one of the reason I got it, dont collect plastic stuff. Even though you cant walk without tripping over some starwar toys, there really isnt that many high quality collector grade star wars models if you think about it.. This was definitely a steal! Wish the other code 3 models are still for sale...

I wonder why sideshow never made any starwar ships, they seem to focus purely on the dolls which is kind odd. A premium format x-wing, tie-fighter, or any famous ship really...will sell thousands copies..

Yeah i looked at the signature version too it cost about $200 more, but i dont like the way the damaged wing was done, looks really fake and cheap. Good to know i am not the only one.

The metal die-cast construction is one of the reason I got it, dont collect plastic stuff. Even though you cant walk without tripping over some starwar toys, there really isnt that many high quality collector grade star wars models if you think about it.. This was definitely a steal! Wish the other code 3 models are still for sale...

I wonder why sideshow never made any starwar ships, they seem to focus purely on the dolls which is kind odd. A premium format x-wing, tie-fighter, or any famous ship really...will sell thousands copies..

I think eFX got the license for smaller ships (called this time: Precision Cast) as well as for Studio Scale. But seems their Precision Cast line is put on hold, people were waiting for an eFX Millennium Falcon but eFX said they won't make it for now due to high costs of production.

So we only have Code 3 ships and vehicles (Vader's TIEs, X-Wings, Slave 1, AT-ST, and Gunship - hope I didn't forget any) and MR/eFX Studio Scales (Falcon, AT-AT's, Y-Wing, X-Wing and upcoming TIE Fighter - the Snowspeeder is not Studio Scale), plus older Icons Studio Scale X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Back