What to use to polish Vader Helmet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdocke

Freakzoid
Reaction score
What could I use to polish the Darth Vader Bust helmet?

I know it came with some kind of solution but I don't want to use it because I have a slight OCD about preserving things even though I would never sell anything in my collection.

Excellent question...I used "Novus" #2 fine scratch remover. It works great! I used it on my Sideshow Vader bust and my MR Vader helmet.
I originally bought this from a pet store to remove scratches and polish my plexiglass aquarium.

draft_lens4458812module31623962photo_1241588958vader-helmet-polish.jpg

Back on topic.

People in the 501st use the Novus brand plastic polish on their armor that they spent over $1k buying. There is a #3, a #2, and a #1. You start with the 3 and go down. When I shine my armor I honestly just use the #1 and skip the other 2 steps unless the area is really bad.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help. I will use either Novus or the polish that is endorsed by the Empire. Which ever is cheaper.

I like novus' stuff as well. They made a kit that I used for restoring the bubbles on the 3-3/4" figure cards that , while it was not perfect, still did s great job. So I am betting that a product of theirs that is shining up a surface that is not all scratched like my cards were would work well!

Back