A Jedi's Worst Nightmare - General Grievous w/ Ignited Sabers (8 pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckgoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I spent 4 hours putting together this thing today with cold cathode for the blades. The Hasbro General Grievous is actually not too bad. According to internet sources, General Grievous was quite an accomplished lightsaber duelist. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber use and Grievous later killed over a dozen Jedi's before Ep 3. He keeps the lightsabers from the Jedi's he has killed. In the movie, he use 2 blue and 2 green lightsabers in his battle with Kenobi.

ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOSHOP USED WITH PICS BELOW.

Here he is:

general0.jpg

general1.jpg

general2.jpg

general3.jpg

general4.jpg

Count Dooku training Grievous in lightsaber use:
general5.jpg

general6.jpg

general7.jpg

Grievous with unlit lightsabers:
general8.jpg

Quite an accomplishment! How'd you get Greivous's forearms to stay on? They fall off even when not burdened with heavy lightsabers.

How are you hiding the wires so well? That is quite an accomplishment! Props man. :clap

wowwww...The last 2 pics with Dooku are awesome !!!! I bet you could have a couple hundreds for this one on ebay....

Is that a Hasbro Grievous? Come on Sideshow, doesn't this give you inspiration???:D

Just show you that Sideshow could have done it with their 1/4 Grievous with a little imagination.

that looks really cool.

i see you're having the wire run out the middle of the hilt as opposed to the bottom. did you cut it in half and glue it back together to get the blade thru the hilt?

Man.... great work DG!! I love the stuff you've done!! I wish my saber's lit up like that!! It really adds a ton of realism to the figures and your level of commitment to achieve this is to be commended....

Keep up the fantastic work... You've already astounded most of us already..

Man, I wish a company produced hallowed hilts for us. I have all these cold cathode tubes, but no hilts to use with. And I bet any left over Hasbro hilts on ebay are going to dry up real quick for us. Sideshow, we need some extra hilts please! :eek:

Looks very nice, I sold a GG a few months back for about $40; the Hasbro version isn't too bad.

Back