Addicted to Whedon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
this is a funny story to get everyone's mind off of the Angel/Buffy figures. this past week i started watching Angel for the first time. i got so involved with the show that in this past week i've already watched seasons one,two, and up to episode 14 in season three. my girlfriend has been making fun of me until wednesday night when she started watching my Buffy dvds for the first time. now she's addicted to Buffy... she's been watching three to four episodes a night since then and told me tomorrow (sunday) that she plans on doing nothing but sit down and watch Buffy all day. then i showed her some of the 12" figures from sideshow and she said that they were really awesome--- now she went and pre-ordered the PF Buffy figure for herself!!! i told her after she watches all 7 seasons of Buffy she should watch Angel.

when i get done with Angel im gonna re-watch all the Firefly episodes and hopefully get my girfriend to watch all of them after Angel. :monkey3

Just make sure to pace yourselves and eat inbetween sessions. Perhaps this is a good place to start a WA meetings (Whedon's Anonymous). Although when we trust the higher power it will still be Joss...

:banana

Went through a similar scenario with my girlfriend. She's a huge Charmed freak and I told her she'd like Buffy and Angel cause Charmed kind of followed the type of show they were. Now I catch her trying to sneak some of my still boxed Buffy SS figures out of my house to take home for herself.

It's funny how people mock Angel and Buffy and dismiss it as silly, but once they watch a few eps and realize they're very well thought out, clever and actually better than just about anything else on TV right now they clam up. I used to take flack from my best friend for years until I bought Angel on DVD. Now he owns not only all 5 seasons of Angel, but the "Chosen Collection" BTVS set, Firefly and Serenity.

i've always liked buffy and angel, but never had time to watch them since i worked at night. now that i have the spare time and money to buy and watch the dvds im finally getting back on track.

hairlesswookiee said:
i've always liked buffy and angel, but never had time to watch them since i worked at night. now that i have the spare time and money to buy and watch the dvds im finally getting back on track.

both complete sets just came out here and are on my list. I've got Firefly but I think this month I'll grab the Millenium Complete series that just came out - only cos its cheaper (but that is cos its only 3 seasons).

I've got a fair proportion of the Buffy line but I've only ever watched the show intermittantly due to commitments. I find now I don't watch ANY free to air TV (or cable) - I just get the stuff on DVD. Its a totally different experience watching an entire show from start to finish in a short period of time - I've done this with Babylon 5, Highlander and the Sopranos - and its the reason I've avoided Lost & Prison Break to date.

I had never seen one single episode of Buffy or Angel until a couple of months ago... I had seen the movie in the theater when it came out and was not all that impressed by it. Anyway... funny story. One night while browsing the web I discovered that a Buffy Library playset was being made. I work in a library so I immediately wanted it. Well, I also love punk rock so after a quick trip to eBay I bought myself a Spike figure (complete with Kiss the Librarian mug)to get me in the mood. Then one night by coincidence I caught part of the episode The Zeppo. I thought it was mildly amusing so I ordered the first season. Probably in the course of 5 or 6 weeks I managed to buy and watch every season of Buffy and I am currently on season 3 of Angel. Plus I have 10 or so Sideshow figures, a whole bunch of the 6 inch figures, the library and most of the Palz figures. Obsessed much? Yes, I guess I am. And to think - just a few months ago I had never once even watched Buffy!

Carin :rotfl

the power of the whedonverse compells you.

:chew

I've seen both "Buffy" and "Angel", but "Angel" is my favorite. You're gonna love the last season. TNT airs it here in NYC weekday mornings at 7AM and I watch it every time. I can't wait for SSC's "Angel" figure to come out.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

MisterToyNYC said:
I've seen both "Buffy" and "Angel", but "Angel" is my favorite. You're gonna love the last season. TNT airs it here in NYC weekday mornings at 7AM and I watch it every time. I can't wait for SSC's "Angel" figure to come out.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Yep, the last season is phenomenal. The strongest as a season. Much like Season 3 buffy.

just finished season 3 tonight. very good and i might go out on a limb and say that i like it more than Buffy. for some reason it seems more "mature" than buffy?? for some reason i will always picture buffy and the crew back in high school.

~~and becuase of the recent surge in my Angel addiction im trying to find a 12" Angel, anyone know of any sites that still have him for pre-order??

hairlesswookiee said:
just finished season 3 tonight. very good and i might go out on a limb and say that i like it more than Buffy. for some reason it seems more "mature" than buffy?? for some reason i will always picture buffy and the crew back in high school.

Angel is definitely a more 'adult' show than Buffy, I understand what you mean completely. I like it more and most of the people I've exposed to Whedon's shows take to Angel because it's darker and less 'High School.' Buffy will always have a special place in my heart though because I was in High School when it came out.

Oh, BigBadToyStore still has 'City Of...' Angel for pre-order. It's bbts.com. Get him quick!

thanks, i put myself on the waitlist for the exclusive versions. do i have to pay in full when pre-ordering from bigbadtoystore?? if i do ill just wait to see if i get my exclusive wait converted.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
BBTS never charges you until the item arrives in the warehouse. They're great to deal with, I've never had any problems with them.

thanks for the heads up ill look into it. right now i have a bunch of stuff on pre-order and im starting to weed out things that aren't neccessary. i just dont want to pay for the cancellation fees .

Ok, so I admit it.
I was one of the people that said to my wife, why are you watching that cr@p when Buffy was on TV. We are now through the season 4 DVDs waiting to get 5 (all of which I bought for her). The shows are quite entertaining.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
Ok, so I admit it.
I was one of the people that said to my wife, why are you watching that cr@p when Buffy was on TV. We are now through the season 4 DVDs waiting to get 5 (all of which I bought for her). The shows are quite entertaining.

:lol i think thats how everybody gets hooked. they thinks its crap until they get two or three epiosodes into it then its like crack and you cant wait until next week when you get your next fix. (or so im told) thats why dvds are so great-- no more waiting for the next airing, no more commercials, and most have a simple play all episodes feature.

They are crack. We were pushing 3 - 4 episodes a night. It was getting so bad that when the monster at the end went by the screen my 2 year old daughter would say: "grrrr. arg" just like the show.

Back