Universal Monsters Head Knockers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
Courtesy of Lee, Jim Clatterbaugh and Kerry Gammil at the Classic Horror Film Board, a look at concept art and production samples of a new set of four UM Head Knockers, scheduled for release in August from NECA :

I pre-ordered a set of these last May based solely on the concept drawings, and now, after seeing these photos, I'm very glad I did. Great sculpts and attention to detail on all four, with bases that complement, rather than distract. By their nature, bobble-heads rely heavily on whimsy and caricature — the very elements that bobble-haters deride — but these renditions lean toward more realistic portraits. Sure, Bela appears a bit bemused and the Wolf Man looks more startled than ferocious, but again, that's their nature. However, The Monster and Kharis are excellent. In fact, The Monster is hands down the best sculpt I've ever seen of Karloff from Bride of Frankenstein, from the pins on the electrodes to the scarred and burned skin and clothing.

Hope these initial offerings sell well enough to justify more releases! Bring on the Bride, the Creature, the Phantom, Metaluna Mutant, Ygor (!), and all the rest!!!

My Name is Anton Phibes...and I am a Bobble Hater....

....I must confess Frankenfan, I am a bobble hater! I cannot help myself. Everytime I see those things I want to scream and run away. It sends the same feeling of disgust through me as the hot rod monsters that Aurora did in the mid 1960's. I am totally a purist when it comes to my monsters. Won't even buy the "You'll die laughing" cards from the 60's. Really like Kitchen Sinks Universal monsters of the Silver Screen set though. ButI digress. I will say this...those head sculpts are really, really, R-E-A-L-L-Y good!!!! If I was ever to venture into the realm of (gulp) bobble heads, I would buy those for sure. Hope you enjoy them.

Re: My Name is Anton Phibes...and I am a Bobble Hater....

Anton Phibes said:
....I must confess Frankenfan, I am a bobble hater! Hope you enjoy them.
Oh, you bet your precious autographs, I will, Anton!

BOBBLE-HATER! BOBBLE-HATER! NYAH, NYAH, NYAH!!!

dd.jpg

Re: My Name is Anton Phibes...and I am a Bobble Hater....

FrankenFan said:
Oh, you bet your precious autographs, I will, Anton!

BOBBLE-HATER! BOBBLE-HATER! NYAH, NYAH, NYAH!!!

dd.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAA!!!!!:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I wish Sideshow would take a little look-see at those imagi-banners you make up. I would love Dracula's Daughter and Karloff as Ruhk. Ahem...not trying to chnage the subject or anything.:D

If any of those guys stopped by my house, they wouldn't be gray... they had color, they were just filmed in gray :p ;)

No question that the head sculpts are excellent. But I am a purist when it comes to my monsters. I have all of the Aurora Monsters...except the ones on Hot Rods. Can't stand them. To me, that's what these bobbles are like. Really well done...but not into Bobbley heady things.:rolleyes::D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/wbxOBf948tg&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/wbxOBf948tg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back