Flash Gordon 1/6th figure, DCD Deluxe Alan Scott GL reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm going all old school tonight, with two reviews of comic characters that have been around a long time. First up, I'm looking at the new Flash Gordon figure from Cast-A-Way Toys, which comes in a regular and exclusive version.

I also have a guest review from Ryan Kelly, who is looking at the DC Direct deluxe Alan Scott version of Green Lantern. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Its odd that its very similar to the GoHero release, but the box has some color elements and the paint work is a bit different on Flash's face.

Surprised to see the same figure got released twice.

It's pretty much the same figure - the differences are in the legal battles between Go Hero and Day2Day, and who had licensing for what. My understanding is that Cast-A-Way stepped in and secured rights across the board, paving the way for the figure to be released unimpeded by any other legal battles.

I was also surprised to see this, since I got my Flash Gordon figure from Go Hero months ago. I now see that the Go Hero website has dropped a lot of information regarding both Flash and Buck Rogers, though they are still listed as licensed properties. Where has the dispute between Go Hero and Day2Day been reported? Is this why the Day2Day blank bodies, the AtoMedia and AtoModel, never came out and Sideshow cancelled all pre-orders?

I know that Day2Day's site has some information on the legal battle, with their claims against GoHero. However, I also know that not only GoHero but Executive Replicas and now Cast-A-Way have had serious problems dealing with Day2Day. It's a mess.

Yeah, it does seem like a big mess... just odd that a third company would re-release a 1/6 figure that's been out for over a year.

I'm assuming the first version I have was a full release since I saw quite a few of them in collectors hands and on eBay.

Back