Attakus Grievous: A few sweet shots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of pieces. :google Those guys are patient to put all that together and paint it.

That Grievous looks great and I much prefer the single medium over Sideshows mixed media format

The pose is good too. If it's priced reasonably, I think i'll pick it up.

Re: re

It looks good.

If you guys are interested in him let know as I deal with Attackus but have not listed it yet.

ComicStatues.com likes to post things before even available to order...i.e. MSRP $500 (TBD).

They once had the GG Clone Wars Padme listed at retail or below...I questioned them on it since only available at 3 locations (GG, StarWarsShop, CartoonNetwork) and it disappeared shortly thereafter. They were trying to get the early buck without even knowing if they could carry it. Guess they could've bought at $80 somewhere else and took the hit, but what business operates that way?

re

Yeah, I certainly hope so. I have gone off the whole PF line after seeing many of these sold out statues.

After seeing Sideshows Grievious at the Con, I have to say I still think SS's versions beats that one hands down. JMOP

I had completely written off the PF line as to expensive ecspecially when I already am collecting all the GG stuff. Then I made the mistake of looking at them in person at the Con, 5 pieces later and I have much less money.

Predator
Darth Vader
Obi Wan
Grievious
Endo

Jesse

That Grievous looks great and I much prefer the single medium over Sideshows mixed media format

If you were to get the non-exclusive Sideshow Grevious, wouldn't that piece be a single medium without the cape? :dunno

Something about the pose I don't like... I dunno maybe with only two lightsabers Grevious looks a little too... human? Besides Attackus has decided to sculpt Grevious in a pose that was not seen in the movie. I think Sideshow captured the dynamic of Grevious... and you can take off the cape if you want him to be screen accurate.

And having seen Sideshow's Grevious at SDCC... I just don't think that the character can be done any better.

and it's BIG! :thud :thud :thud

re

Nope, I can't financially manage a purchase on that scale right now. Like you, Jesse, I have the endo, Vader and Grievous coming, although I am still uncertain about the whole mixed media Vader thing. Hmm, I'll just have to wait and see.

Of the other Attakus statues due, I would like to get the Sandtrooper, Wicket and the Tusken Raider.

I have the exclusive GG coming as well and since its a pose I prefer more I'll stick with that I think.

re

Source: Rebelscum.com

Q&A to Attakus (May 14th).

Q1) What is the situation with the statues of Séries 4 ?
A1) The prototypes of the 3 first statues are going to be finished soon. Wicket and Tusken Raider should be available at retail on September 2005 and Grievous for Christmas.

Q2) What will be the prices of them ?
A2) Grievous should cost around 395 euros

Q3) Are you working on Series 5 ?
A3) There are many Star Wars characters we would like to do but let us finish the other statues from Series 4.

Q4) How will be sold the figurines of the Metal Collection ?
A4) The diorama will be sold in two parts : the Millenium Falcon and the Death Star Hallway. The characters will be sold individually except Luke and Han stormtroopers. One will be sold with the Falcon and the other with the Hallway. The choice is not yet approved by Lucasfilm.

Q5) Which type of box will you use for the Metal collection ?
A5) The small boxes of the figurines are beeing approved by Lucasfilm. For both dioramas we have found a packaging but for delivery difficulties reasons, it is a good chance that we send ourselves them to the final customer.

Q6) What will be the price of the Metal collection ?
A6) The prices are unknown because the quantity to produced is not yet determinated.

Q7) You are displaying at the convention golden metal stormtroopers. Do you plan to make a scpecial production ?
A7) No. They are results of colour tests on stormtroopers with the colour of c-3po. They are customs and then uniques. They are not for sale and will stay at Attakus.

Q8) Are you planning to make the statue of Georges Lucas ?
A8) No.

Q9) Are you planning to make a Golden version of C-3po statue ?
A9) If we do it in the future, it will be a brand new c-3po in a new position.

Q10) Are you planning to re-issue the first statues that are sold out? Darth Vader for example is still very seeked on the market
A10) No. The statues are limited in quantity at the origin and we will not change this statement.

Q11) Do you have new Star Wars projects ?
A11) We have first to finish the series 4. It is also planned in the Metal collection to do one diorama per movie? Dagobah which corresponds to The Empire Strikes Back is in progress.
We are also working on a new design about Clone Wars Cartoons

Many thanks to Agnès, Etienne and Olivier.
If you want to see detailed pictures of the statues from séries 4 and the Metal Death Star diorama, check out our Star Wars:Reunion gallery.

The pose was taken from a reference book:

site.anakinweb.com/actualites_magasin_greivous_et_wicket_attakus__n4369.html

re

Ahhhhh....so, Danny, you have 2 accounts!! :lol :p

A few, not all, are quite appealing...yes...:eek: :lol

I want, or should that be 'hope', to collect the Tatooine characters:
Jawa
Sal. Crumb
Gamorrean Guard
Sandtrooper
Oola
Bib Fortuna
Tusken Raider

As for the prices Gaz, Id highly recommend a Jango Fett, its worth the $300+ on ebay. Mike, lets talk this man into a Jango Fett. :rock

Back