Brock, Brant - Snowbunny Padme - Anime' or realistic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Some people are voting expecting an cartoony version of Padme if they vote for her. Is this what SSC intends for the characters of the Clone Wars cartoon?

Personally I hope not as they then won't fit in with the other figures. But I guess we should get it clarified.

Yeah!
Realistic all the way! I don't want a figure looking like a cartoon character. The ones who want cartoon versions don't have a clue about what to expect from 1/6 figures or Sideshow.
:bliss

I hadn't even considered that the sculpt would be cartoonish until people posted saying that's what they wanted.

But at least that's one fear put to rest.

Would it be safe to say that Padme won't win the poll then? People wanting the animated version wont be happy if it won, and wasn't what they thought they'd be getting, and what they thought they were voting for. Another bout of disappointment and negative backlash isn't the kind of vibe that promotes confidence and loyalty. At least not from those that feel decieved.

I don't think it's that big a deal actually. I doubt there are many that were expecting the cartoon version. As mentioned above, if they were perhaps they're new to SSC 12" figures.

I thought Anime since that's the picture and how she was represented in that EU universe. I guess we are going artists' interpretation with Star Wars and not authenticly modeled after the source?

It will be authentically modeled after the source. The source is Natalie Portman.

Well, not really, but I see your point. But the source is the anime version, correct? That's all I'm saying. Many ways too look at it I suppose. Don't really care, but I think many people will think Padme is going to be represented as she is in the picture...cartoon version.

Yeah, but guys....they are all animated in the EU choices...Mara was animated before they hired that actor to photograph for the Decipher card. So was Thrawn.

They are not going to look animated. They wouldn't match all the other dolls in the line.
Look at the other 12" lines they have based on films and TV...they are made to look like the real people or aliens from the show. The EU ones will just be made to look like that comic character in plastic form... Except for Kanos who will most likely have his helmet on, if made!

They'll want the figures to be uniform. If Padme is Animated looking she won't be able to match the other characters who will be modeled after real people....

Yeah...all are 'animated' in that sense, but people know GG has done Padme in that form, so they may possibly be expecting Padme to be the same look as with the picture. That's all I'm really saying. Doesn't matter to me, but with all the choices...some people are going to be assuming the end figure...whether Padme, Kir, Vos, etc...will look somewhat like the picture that Sideshow is using in the poll. That's part of what I'm trying to get at. Padme 'Anime' form already has a huge following from the cartoon, so many people may be wanting her to look like that.

SS should have explained their plans then...I am going under the assumption that the humans will look uniform like all the other human SS 12"er's in the sense that they do their best to mimic human features....something that animation does not do a lot of the time.

SS Chris? Dusty? Chicky? Anyone? Can we get a ruling here?

Brock answered that above - they will be realistic and all be in the same style, no matter what the source.

Sideshow has only done animated cartoonish looking figures for the little big heads, the Frankenstein 4 foot Statue, and Shredders.
It's not very common place and they weren't big sellers. I would hate for SSC to do more cartoons. If Padme will be made as a cartoon due to pressure from the fans (remember we have some say so in the production apparently, not sure how much). I would buy one and switch the costume over to the realistic Padme immediately once she is released.
The Danger Girls figures made by Dragon looked like cartoons and they looked quite good, but they didn't sell well at all. There isn't much demand for that type of 1:6.

I can't believe Padme is garnering so much attention on this poll!
Stunning. :google

Back