Code 3 Millennium Falcon: Backordered...In Stock 1st Dec'05

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gazmog

Attachments

• MANDO RIDE.jpg
    MANDO RIDE.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 395
Re: Code 3 Millennium Falcon: Backordered...In Stock 1st Dec

Many people in the U.S. have reported that their local Wal-Marts have this on clearance for $125-$180 depending on the store. It might be worth looking into for those that want one. If I see one, I'll try and help out a fellow collector in the EU.

Re: Code 3 Millennium Falcon: Backordered...In Stock 1st Dec

Man I wish mine had it for $125 :thud let me know also elwood if you find at your walmarts.

re

That would be a great help, El. :clap The customs charge would amount to £36, but it would be worth it.

:wave

Re: re

Are you serious, $125? That'd be a great way to start collecting them!

If you could get me one for $125 Elwood, that would be great. Let me know...:bow

Hi Everyone,

It would be nice if Code 3 told their dealers about this. $125.00 is a wild price. Way under cost. Wallmart should stay out of the collectible business and stick to selling Martha Stewart cookware.

Mike
:ted

Sounds like a little bit of the Master Replicas Sting FX thing going on. Kind of a little dealer backlash on that when Master Replicas started selling for $40 shipped or whatever it was.

Except Code 3 is not the one selling them for $125 they still list them at $295. The Walmarts that are tired of looking at them are marking them down to below cost at a very few stores to get rid of them. Looking at them sitting on a shelf for 3 years will do that I guess. It is entirely up to the department manager as to wheather or not and how much to mark these down in price. Some around here are $250, some are $252, and some are $219 but none are sub $200.

Jesse

Looking at them sitting on a shelf for 3 years will do that I guess.

True, except that Walmart has been selling them only for about a year and a half now. Code 3 products started being offered at Walmart a few months after Master Replicas. :)

Having them sold through Walmart is a great way for Code 3 to sell the last couple hundred.

Yeah...I see your point since the manufacturer not directly cutting the costs, but when the big boys like Wal-Mart start playing and the costs can get cut that much just to move the product...if the LE is really high or there is no LE...smaller retailers may feel the crunch...and the fact that if people think they'll be able to get the piece cheap at Wal-Mart...they won't even pre-order or buy direct.

Well as far as I know they didn't get into the other Code 3 ships after the MF didn't sell. But I could be wrong. I also wouldn't risk a sell out on say the AT-AT or Vaders Tie Fighter to try to get one from Wall Mart 2 years later for cheaper. I really don't think the retailers have much to worry about. There has only been a few (3-4) walmarts even confirmed with that price anyway. It's deff not a company wide plan to start loosing money on their product.

Jesse

Yeah...many things go into play. I've never even seen them at my Wal-Marts, so I'm not sure how many are carrying.

But could it be that because Wal-Mart was taking this piece that far more were made in the first place?

jesse: They had the X-Wing and Slave 1 also.

dstephan: I agree that far too many were made, but I'm not sure that is the sole reason these are at Walmart. I would think it's just another market for Code 3 and MR to expand in, and not due to whether it's a product limited to 10,000, or it's limited to 1000 (like MR's Thermal Detonator).

Well for Walmart to carry $300 dollar "toys" is ridicules if you ask me. Who the hell goes to Walmart expecting to buy something worth $300. Not exactly a "on a whim purchase" ecspecially for the type of customers that usually go to Walmart. The most I have ever spent there is about $20 on a few packs of socks. The Code 3 stuff has to be one of the most expensive items they carry.

Jesse :lol

They had those items too? Don't think I was aware of that...although I may've seen online. Been a while though.

I agree...I think it's just like Master Replicas, etc...trying to branch out to get a bigger market share and increase advertising. Only problem is...most people at Wal-Mart or Best Buy...don't want to pay high dollar for items. I know before I started collecting anything other than 3 3/4" figures...a $50 bust seemed like a ton of money. Now I'm contemplating $1000+ items. :puke :lol

Back