Anyone seen the prices of the Unleashed figures lately?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently sold my whole collection on E-Bay and surprisingly got about $550 for them. All loose. The retail was about $330 for everything so I was pretty happy with that. I had no idea they were getting that expensive.

re

yeah i dunno what the sudden demand for these are but it also worked out for me recently also. i sold a few extra unleashed i had lying around for 7-8 times what i paid wayyyyyy back when.

i had a few chances way back to pick up the unmasked vader unleashed for retail! :google when i see how much its selling for all i can do is :thud :bonk

The linky no worky for me. :(
Checked ebay, some of them are way over priced.
Too bad I'm missing the Stormtrooper and Aurra Sing in my collection.
I never even saw either one of them on the shelves because my local Walmart was moving at the time. And that Stormtrooper is in quite a bit of demand right now! :bang
It's good to hear that they still hold their value even after they are opened. I still have half of my Unleashed collection MIB and have been wanting to open them all for a while now.

I've got the whole set, all opened and displayed. I can't believe the prices on these things.

Attachments

• BatmanFamily.jpg
    BatmanFamily.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 153,203
  • QMx_DC_It's-The-Little-Things_1756x988_07.jpg
    QMx_DC_It's-The-Little-Things_1756x988_07.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 837
  • QMx_DC_It's-The-Little-Things_988x988_01.jpg
    QMx_DC_It's-The-Little-Things_988x988_01.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 834
Why would people pay this much for a line that's ending? eBayers are nuts sometimes. :bonk

Actually the fact that the line is ending is usually just enough to drive prices sky-high. At least temporarily.

The fact that the line is ending means that people won't wait around for re-releases like with the Leia, Vader & Windu and others. I figured they'd re-release some others, but I guess not...so that may be why people are trying to get their hands on the missing pieces right now.

why Hasbro pulled the plug.

I am direct with Hasbro and from what I know, they take up too much room of shelf space compared to a 3 3/4" Figure and the big chains did not reorder heavy so they dropped the line.

If you can fit 4 x 3 3/4" Figure on your shelves in the same space 1 Unleashed Figure takes up, you make more profit on selling the 4 figures (if they sell).

Which is the dumbest reason I have ever heard in my life.
No wonder why the big chain toy stores are in financial trouble. No one has a clue.

The will be making new Unleashed in the future which is 3 or 4 inch size. Yes, 4 Inch Unleashed.

They should be out next year.

What a great selling line. It stinks it's coming to an end because it's so hot, but nothing lasts forever.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Attachments

• 3B582653-5420-4C51-B26E-90084D8F4549.jpg
    3B582653-5420-4C51-B26E-90084D8F4549.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 168
That's pretty bad when huge, super-center stores can't find room for something in a slightly bigger package like the Unleashed line. :rolleyes I can't imagine what those smaller Unleashed figures are going to look like.

Attachments

• 20190529_132643.jpg
    20190529_132643.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190529_132710.jpg
    20190529_132710.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 34
I can't believe they pulled the line before making an Unleashed Wicket! Well, :toast here's to hoping for a .5" version. :lol

That's pretty bad when huge, super-center stores can't find room for something in a slightly bigger package like the Unleashed line.

Yeah Richard, but it all goes back to the supermarket space/profit ratio theory.

Cram as much stuff into as little space as possible to maximize your profit based on every square foot of retail space.

You can have 3 unleashed figures which sell for $14.99 each or 20 figures, (4 hooks and 5 figures per hook), of EP3 3 3/4 Inch figures which net you back $120.00 (Guessing they sell for $6.00 retail each), So in the same space it takes to sell $45.00 worth of merchandise, the store can make back $120.00.

This is also providing the small figures sell out. ROTS these days are sitting.

It's stupid, but that is what I was told.

The smaller versions of these are not going to be as nice as the current 6 1/2 inches ones.

The last series coming out will sell very well. Considering it's the end of the line and many people wanted a Han Solo Stormtrooper.

The case packs not even anymore on this series, which is though for dealers.

Where as you used to get 6 pieces (2 complete sets in a case), this series differs.

They are re-issuing the last Vader (from the current series) and the case packs go like this.

2 Han Storm Trooper
1 Vader
2 Clone Troopers
1 Wookie

So basically you get 1 set per case. I love the Vader, but would rather have 2 sets per case to sell to my customers.

Such as life.

Thanks,
Mike

I picked up a masked Vader when they first came out and that was the last time I saw him, I opened it and have it on display with the Boba Fett unleashed. The only one I picked up and keep carded was Yoda which I sold on ebay a month or 2 for around $100. I can kind of see why these go for so much, I never saw Vader 2, Fett, Yoda,Stormtrooper and many others at the stores. It seemed they wouldn't stock them, I luckily got my Fett and Yoda from amazon.

I've usually only seen 1 figure of each whenever I've managed to find instore. Do they only get 1-2 cases per store or something? I found an Asajj & Yoda Vs. Sidious a couple weeks ago...Vader was gone...haven't seen any of them again since I grabbed those last 2.

Anakin/Obi have been sitting though. I'd like to get them, but I'd prefer a sale price rather than $14.99.

Hi Everyone,

Jason, $14.99 is not that bad for Anakin. Obi is the least selling of the 3 from that serious.

As for case quantities, they import direct / F.O.B. so they are ordering several hundered cases per chain store.

It goes from the chain store's main receiving and distribution center to each retail store. By the time that happens, everyone has their hands in the cases so by the time it finally hits the shelves, most of the better figures are sold out.

Thanks,
Mike

Back