Darth Vader - Sideshow exclusive...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

katsal

Hi People.

Well today I received an email that I was not expecting to ever see.

Last month I signed up on the wait list for the Sideshow's Exclusive Darth Vader (limited 2000), and today I received an email from them advising that one has been made available and my order will be fulfilled this coming monday.

Good things do come from Sideshows wait list.

All the best.
Alex K.

Congrats...gonna be a nice piece IMO. Keeps improving everytime I see new pics.

For any upcoming releases you don't have preordered, you're better off getting on the waitlist, because there's a good chance you'll get it. I recently got Sauron and the exclusive Doom from the waitlist.

I just received an e-mail yesterday for Vader. I was beginning to lose hope on this wait list. The Han solo and Grevious became available quickly. Anyway now I have a lock on all five, (so far). OHHH ! my credit card!!!!!!

At the rate they're going, at least you'll have months between releases. When are we supposed to get Han?

Hopefully, no earlier than end of September.

I've got to pay for both 1/4 Wolfman and Green Goblin within the next 2 - 3 weeks. :google

RE:

Today I received an email my waitlist reservation is also converted into an order :bliss :google

Re: RE:

Last i heard the vader was still in prototype stage where the pose etc... is still not finalised. is it still the same now?

Congrats Katsal :wave

I can't wait for mine to arrive. Already have the GG version. DV will probably be the only SS piece that I will collect. Not really convinced about keeping my Gen Grieve statue on order. Space is very limited. If I acquire anymore large piece, I might have to put a LOTR piece in storage :eek .

:balrog

Well I decided to put my name on the waitlist today for the Exclusive Vader. Hopefully it's not to late. Not sure if I should also sign up for the Regular Vader in case the Exclusive doesn't go through?

Hopefully you'll be in luck. I didn't put my name on the waitlist until recently. I had one preordered through SWS.com then when I had requested some changes to an order they 'mistakenly' deleted all of my orders and I was only able to reorder a few items before they were soldout again. Needless to say I only shop there now for shop exclusives. But anyway, I only got on the wailist recently and had my order converted in just 3 or 4 weeks from the time of signing up. Hope you have the same luck.

edit ---

I just happened to notice after reading your post that they have the waitlist for the regular edition too. Interesting since the regular version is a retailer exclusive, guess this is in case any retailers send some back. I would think the odds are better at getting the exclusive through waitlist is this is the case :dunno

Someone posted over on Statueforums that they received an offer from SS similar to the Predator Maquette offer. They were told the waitlist was so long that it was unlikely they would get one and were offered a regular version instead. Didn't mention if it was for a discounted price though.

Anyone here received any emails from the waitlist?

Today I got the email about the Exclusive Vader wait list I was on. They offered to change my waitlist to a pre-order for the Regular Version. I went ahead and told them to change it to a pre-order. :vader

Yeah I'm really confused with this new system. I think they need to get a new server that holds all the waitlist info or fire someone cuz someone is really messing things up....anyhooo...

I had an email saying my waitlist request for the exclusive Han has been converted to an order and of course I checked my account and found that it had been converted to a TXXXXX. Then a few hours later I get an email that they cannot fulfill this but offer me a Regular Han. I don't get it. I already had a regular Han on order from a while back but when I got the Exclusive Han I cancelled my regular. Now I'm back to the Regular Han?? What gives???

I don't believe this is the first time I've heard of something like this happening. :sick

I'm just glad the waitlist order got converted to an actual order. Hope they don't realize they made some mistake and cancel my exclusive Han :dunno

Last edited:
I did.

I got that email saying the exclusive waiting list is too long would I want to go with the Regular premium version. I think I'd rather stay on the exclusive waiting list though.

here:

Dear Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the Darth Vader Exclusive Premium Format Figure (#xxxxx). At this time, this wait list is extensive and cannot possibly be fulfilled by the few items that we expect to return to stock through cancellations and credit card declines. This means that more than likely, you will not obtain an item from this wait list.

The Darth Vader piece, recreated by the Sideshow Collectibles artists, is the most detailed representation of the movie character that a collector will find to add to their lifetime collection. Sideshow Collectibles does not want you to miss out on this amazing opportunity to purchase this museum quality piece, thus we have a special offer just for wait list members.

For a limited time only, you can convert your Wait List Reservation for an exclusive item to a pre-order for the Darth Vader (Regular) Premium Format figure (#xxxx). There are only a few of these collectibles that remain available and we would like to offer one of these to you first.

If you would like to participate in the regular edition, then please respond

blah,blah,blah,

4) Once your pre-order is booked your wait list reservation will be cancelled and the status will be updated in your online account.

If you would like to pass on this offer, then no action is necessary and your Wait List Reservation will remain as it is.

Best regards,

I got the same e-mail about the Exclusive Han. I have the regular Han on order with Marc, so I had no interest in a conversion.

Didn't realize they were doing the same with the Han exclusive waitlist as well.

I had an email saying my waitlist request for the exclusive Han has been converted to an order and of course I checked my account and found that it had been converted to a TXXXXX. Then a few hours later I get an email that they cannot fulfill this but offer me a Regular Han. I don't get it. I already had a regular Han on order from a while back but when I got the Exclusive Han I cancelled my regular. Now I'm back to the Regular Han?? What gives???

That is strange. Did you possibly sign up for the waitlist twice? That's the only possibility I can think of, but you would think since this new system shows up in you account that it would have been obvious if you were on the list twice. Anyway, really hope your exclusive order comes through.

I think the exclusive Vader is the least interesting of all the exclusives. Nothing really missing from Vader himself. I'd go with the conversion unless I had a regular coming already from another source.

Darklord Dave said:
I think the exclusive Vader is the least interesting of all the exclusives. Nothing really missing from Vader himself.

I agree unless they do a Leia from ANH. :cool:

Back