Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 169
  1. #11
    Apprentice MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Death Star
    Posts
    17,550
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Hydeous on Facebook Visit Hydeous's Instagram Channel

    Default Re: Bandai Saint Seiya Myth Cloth

    I do, and I think there's 2 threads of it on the action figure section of the General stuffs. I'll try to get the mods of this section to merge all of em later.

  2. #12
    Apprentice MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Death Star
    Posts
    17,550
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Hydeous on Facebook Visit Hydeous's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
    Hi - I collect the new Myth Cloth Ex line. Very nice in my opinion. I have the gold saints virgo, lion, gemini and ram. I am only disappointed with ram because his long hair interferes with the armor which means he is constantly looking down! I was not aware that they had 1/6 Seiya figure - who makes them and where to get them?
    Bandai made them. So far there's Sagitarius Seiya and Poseidon. There's some Protos of Aquarius Cygnus and Virgo Shun, not sure if that's coming out at all.

    So far they have been heavily discounted and are still available at around 10-11k yen the last time I saw. bandai made em btw, I own Seiya, and he's great.

  3. #13
    I only have few of them but i like making dioramas for them


  4. #14
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    6,817
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Reputation
    I used to have all the original figs int he 80s but 'lost' them somehow.

    I since have been collecting the EX version and they are very much superior. I have all of them except Aphrodite.
    Drakul's Collection
    My Flickr Page

    Pre-Orders: F4F Samus Varia Suit EX, Gaming Heads Raziel 1:4, F4F Alucard Twilight Ed., Tsume Berserk HQS+

  5. #15
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In U. S. of A.
    Posts
    14
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Hello peeps. I wanted to share my current Saint Seiya Myth Cloth collection with y'all. I have been collecting Myth Cloths for about 4 years. I really haven't try to get every character, just the ones I like. My favorite characters are Pegasus Seiya and Andromeda Shun. I managed to find Poseidon Crown Cloth for 190 bucks and he became my first 1/6 figure. Now, I have a Hot Toys Iron Man Mark II figure and I have Selina on the way. I need a new shelf display.

  6. #16
    Has anyone seen the new Legend of Sanctuary movie yet? I know it just released in Japan but sometimes people seem to be able to see early previews. Anyway, I really love the new designs and Bandai is making new figures based off of the movie. The weird thing is that they had prototypes for Pegasus Seiya and Sagittarius Aiolos going around first at the shows and in magazines but now the first figure released will be Gemini Saga? It looks cool and all but why is this the first figure from the movie instead of Pegasus Seiya? Does anyone know if they will still release Seiya?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seiya2.jpg   10257893_592697130851748_7306130158591148506_n[2].jpg  

  7. #17
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In U. S. of A.
    Posts
    14
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevreed View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Legend of Sanctuary movie yet? I know it just released in Japan but sometimes people seem to be able to see early previews. Anyway, I really love the new designs and Bandai is making new figures based off of the movie. The weird thing is that they had prototypes for Pegasus Seiya and Sagittarius Aiolos going around first at the shows and in magazines but now the first figure released will be Gemini Saga? It looks cool and all but why is this the first figure from the movie instead of Pegasus Seiya? Does anyone know if they will still release Seiya?

    Hey hey! I am sure that it's only a matter of time before the new movie is available online. I have spent the last few days looking to see if I find the movie anywhere but no luck yet. I am really excited to see this new movie, although, some reviews talk about it just being an OK movie and how it is under performing in Japan, at the box office.


    As per your questions about the release of Seiya and Sagittarius Cloth's, it really is up to Bandai on whether they'll release these figures. In my opinion, I think they will. As to why they're releasing Saga first, is beyond me. Depending on how much Saga costs, I'll more likely buy him. I have also seen that they are going to release an EX version of Saga from the movie, as a special edition. I would definitely buy the Special Edition EX version of Saga, since those will cost a lot later. Anyways, I hope this helped you. I have been collecting Myth Cloth's since 2008 and I keep up with a facebook page called "Saint Cloth Myth (Bandai)" They always have information about new releases and is your best way to finding out what's coming out. Have a good one!

  8. #18
    Thanks SaintSeiya! I'll have to check out the Facebook page. I also heard the movie is not doing as good as expected so I'm worried other figures from this line won't get a chance. I'm going to buy Gemini in hopes of getting Seiya next. The one reason I can think of as to why they are not releasing Seiya first is the head sculpt. Since the first few previews of the movie started leaking they have changed his face to look more traditionally anime than it looked at first. Bandai might have had to go back and do a whole new different face sculpt to match the new anime version. They would also have to change the new helmet and headband add-ons as well. It might be the same with Sagittarius but I can't tell. Seiya's face is really different though and I like the more anime version so if that's the reason for the delay that's good. Here's hoping! I'm not the biggest Seiya fan but I've kept up on most of the basic stuff. Omega started out ok but I've lost interest. The new CGI designs for Sanctuary caught my eye though and I think the toys look great. Why do a lot of fans seem to really hate the new stuff from the movie? Is it the GCI? Do you think the different looks would be more accepted if they were rendered as a traditional anime?

  9. #19
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    In U. S. of A.
    Posts
    14
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevreed View Post
    Thanks SaintSeiya! I'll have to check out the Facebook page. I also heard the movie is not doing as good as expected so I'm worried other figures from this line won't get a chance. I'm going to buy Gemini in hopes of getting Seiya next. The one reason I can think of as to why they are not releasing Seiya first is the head sculpt. Since the first few previews of the movie started leaking they have changed his face to look more traditionally anime than it looked at first. Bandai might have had to go back and do a whole new different face sculpt to match the new anime version. They would also have to change the new helmet and headband add-ons as well. It might be the same with Sagittarius but I can't tell. Seiya's face is really different though and I like the more anime version so if that's the reason for the delay that's good. Here's hoping! I'm not the biggest Seiya fan but I've kept up on most of the basic stuff. Omega started out ok but I've lost interest. The new CGI designs for Sanctuary caught my eye though and I think the toys look great. Why do a lot of fans seem to really hate the new stuff from the movie? Is it the GCI? Do you think the different looks would be more accepted if they were rendered as a traditional anime?

    I also think the reason they are not releasing the Seiya Myth Cloth first is because of the head sculp, so hopefully they improve it.
    I think fans of anything don't like their beloved franchises to be changed to the point of being unrecognizable. In regards to Legend of Sanctuary, the story has been changed and the armors have been changed and that's what upsets fans of the original Saint Seiya series. I am happy as long there is new Saint Seiya stuff coming out. I grew up with Saint Seiya and I loved the Hades Chapter as well as Lost Canvas. Saint Seiya Omega took me a while to get into but I followed it to the end and liked it. I actually ordered the Sagittarius Seiya Omega Myth Cloth and should be getting it by Tuesday. I definitely think fans would have been happier with more traditional cloth designs but we've already seen those designs for the past 20 years or so, so it's good that they did something different. I don't think CGI has anything to do with the acceptance of the movie, just the plot and the designs.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintSeiya View Post
    I also think the reason they are not releasing the Seiya Myth Cloth first is because of the head sculp, so hopefully they improve it.
    I think fans of anything don't like their beloved franchises to be changed to the point of being unrecognizable. In regards to Legend of Sanctuary, the story has been changed and the armors have been changed and that's what upsets fans of the original Saint Seiya series. I am happy as long there is new Saint Seiya stuff coming out. I grew up with Saint Seiya and I loved the Hades Chapter as well as Lost Canvas. Saint Seiya Omega took me a while to get into but I followed it to the end and liked it. I actually ordered the Sagittarius Seiya Omega Myth Cloth and should be getting it by Tuesday. I definitely think fans would have been happier with more traditional cloth designs but we've already seen those designs for the past 20 years or so, so it's good that they did something different. I don't think CGI has anything to do with the acceptance of the movie, just the plot and the designs.
    I am also considering getting in to this line although I still consider the new ex versions of the classic anime design to be the best. You said that an ex version of this was comming out what is the difference between the two. I have seen the designs for this movie most dont look bad , but I notice that lybria is missing I guess since he really does not make an appearance till later in the anime they have not included him. Shame I would want the full set of 12 gold saints.

    On another note do you think they will continue to make ex figure after they release taurus and aquarious. I bought the weysreter ramadhus ex but I am not sure if they will continue with this line.

Similar Threads

  1. MaulFan's Collection
    By MaulFan in forum Show your Shelves!
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 07-05-2015, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •