Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,834 of 1834
    Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    11 (100%)

Default Re: Medicom Kaneda and bike

I'd been thinking about having someone do a more realistic paint job on my sculpts. Saw this today and it convinced me. Has anyone switched their body out? I'm thinking about trying to go for a seamless for Tetsuo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	438695

Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post
    I'd been thinking about having someone do a more realistic paint job on my sculpts. Saw this today and it convinced me. Has anyone switched their body out? I'm thinking about trying to go for a seamless for Tetsuo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0258.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	438695
    Who did the custom paint job? Looks awesome

Fyi I cant say it for the Medicom RAH Akira series but I can tell you there was no way in hell the Medicom RAH Evangelion Plugsuit and School Uniform fit into any of the Phicen and Jiaou Dolls.

You will have to drill the head. Not sure if a Kaneda is worth drilling but maybe a Tetsuo

I know it's all subjective and purely a matter of taste, but personally I'd never go for a "realistic" paint job on an anime property. Same way I wouldn't want a "weathered" paint job on the bike, unless it was an exact recreation of how the bike was trashed at the end of the movie.

To me, seeing all the pores on his skin and realistic eyes, yet the clearly cartoon shape and details of the head create a really weird "uncanny valley" look that I just find disturbing.

Same with that Mezco Popeye figure everyone loves. I look at it and it just grosses the hell out of me...like some creature from a nightmare.

By the way, I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned before...

NHK in Japan is doing a series called "Tokyo Reborn" and the opening shots are all supervised by Otomo. Features a CGI Kaneda zipping around a CGI Neo Tokyo.

I'll include the link but it's possible it's region locked and you won't be able to see it. It's interesting cause whoever animated it clearly used the Project BM toy as a model, glowing green lights and all.

(Oh, and other than the CGI opening, there's no need to watch...it's dreadfully boring...basically talking to construction workers about their project for an hour.)