Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    33 (97%)
    Default Wolf King Vagabond 1/6 series

Figured I would make a thread since it appears Wolf King is taking the line further. I thought this would be the appropriate section since the Anime section kinda fills in for Manga as well.

I've got both Musashi and Kojiro, and I can't believe they're doing Baiken as well.

Miyamoto Musashi

Sasaki Kojiro

Shishido Baiken

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 03-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Yes I saw baiken up for pre order and am tempted.....how are these wolf King figures? Do they look like the promos? I love vagabond and musashi in general I just passed on these cause I thought they wouldn't be so great in hand (I guess cause they're so affordable?)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    33 (97%)
    They're exactly as billed and look just like the press shots. The body on Musashi was pretty flimsy and cheap, but they improved with Sasaki.

My only real complaint is the tied Hakama pants, since you need to undo them to put the Katanas in them.

I hope they do the Yoshioka brothers and Ito Ittosai.

If you're a fan in any capacity, I recommend getting them. They're cheaply priced and if the line continues, it's only going to get harder to get the older figures.

EDIT: The Katanas and Wakizashis they come with are metal, I just wish the handles and tsubas were prettied up, if that's the right word. The handles are also square for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 03-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Sweet, thanks for the info....may need to grab these while I can. Do you have the old Asmus musashi? I missed that but I think it looks great too, would love to have that also

Super Freak
    Feedback
    33 (97%)
    Nah I only got into Vagabond last year unfortunately. I would of jumped on the Kai Studio Musashis too.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    It's definitely my favorite manga....I wait for the viz big releases...impatiently. If you dig musashi I'd suggest reading "The Lone Samurai" if you haven't read it already that is. Great book about the life of musashi

Super Freak
    Feedback
    33 (97%)
    I got the Five Rings (only read some) and Musashi by Yoshikawa I got for Christmas from my wife. I've been meaning to pick of Musashi's Dokkodo "The way of walking alone."

After reading Vagabond after Berserk, they're both my two favorites. I don't want to pick one over the other

Super Freak
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Oh yeah the book of five rings is an interesting read. I'll check out musashi by yoshikawa, the lone samurai details all his duels and life in general. Ah yes, berserk or vagabond haha like picking your favorite kid. To me vagabond has so many insightful meanings and things that just resonate with me. I never get bored reading it, this and blade of the immortal my two favorites, with berserk a close third and jojo

Super Freak
    Feedback
    33 (97%)

The Musashi novel is really big, I think 1,000 pages. Like Vagabond it's his entire life more or less. It's what the Manga was based on.

Blade of the Immortal is good? I had picked up some of the volumes for it but never got around to reading it.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Yeah I like blade of the immortal a lot....not the anime though, it's terrible. Samura has a great art style