Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Quote Originally Posted by The_Philosopher View Post
    I want to get the red to be as reflective as I can, but I'm not sure what stage of building it should be done at, (or what would be the most durable reflective paint)
    Looks like the parts are molded in red, so color separation is already done. Personally, I'd probably do a chrome base coat, and then spray down a clear red to get that hyper metallic look. Just experiment with a few different methods on spare parts beforehand so you can see what you like best.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterhead View Post
    Looks like the parts are molded in red, so color separation is already done. Personally, I'd probably do a chrome base coat, and then spray down a clear red to get that hyper metallic look. Just experiment with a few different methods on spare parts beforehand so you can see what you like best.
    Clear red can be sprayed? I have some clear red Tamiya, but I assumed its consistency would clog an air brush.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Philosopher View Post
    Clear red can be sprayed? I have some clear red Tamiya, but I assumed its consistency would clog an air brush.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

If you're confident paint with a brush, you certainly can use that. Definitely thin tamiya paint if you plan to use an airbrush. Don't forget to snap some photos when you get on with that build!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterhead View Post
    If you're confident paint with a brush, you certainly can use that. Definitely thin tamiya paint if you plan to use an airbrush. Don't forget to snap some photos when you get on with that build!
    That may be a while, I'm saving up for some special chrome paint that looks almost like electroplating, but I would rather just send the pieces to a plating service to ensure good quality (as I'm a noob in this area), but all the ones I've found only seem to do car parts. :P

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    As someone who doesn't own but wouldn't mind getting a few gundam figures, what recent figures (past year or two) would you recommend getting?

Quote Originally Posted by PUFNSTUF360 View Post
    As someone who doesn't own but wouldn't mind getting a few gundam figures, what recent figures (past year or two) would you recommend getting?
    Yay fellow Canadian!!

What series do you prefer..?

Personally Unicorn and wing stuff has been the best (Robot Damashii/ Robot Spirits)
    BTW: Lipsmack is the only person I have EVER put on ignore
    I had to take you of ignore because seeing that you commented is more irritating then reading your comments

Like LipSmack has said, the Damashii line is loved by a lot of people.

There are always model kits if you're into them. Take a look at the Real Grade 1/144 line. They are relatively cheap, and don't require painting/custom work to look great, so you can get them shelf ready with minimal effort.

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    What are some of the must haves of the Damashii line? I prefer assembled figures over kits thats for sure.

I've watched the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 movie, the wing series, some of the mobile suit gundam 00 series, but haven't watched the UC stuff yet, but it does look good. Just have to find it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PUFNSTUF360 View Post
    What are some of the must haves of the Damashii line? I prefer assembled figures over kits thats for sure.

I've watched the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 movie, the wing series, some of the mobile suit gundam 00 series, but haven't watched the UC stuff yet, but it does look good. Just have to find it somewhere.
    Id recommend the Gundam Wing stuff, its really amazing how expanded the line has become. Some exclusives will run you a ton of money, but the core 5 suits should be affordable as well as tallgeese 1 and some leos, so its a good start for sure, plus the season 1 suit for wing is coming out in march i believe so that will be pretty cheap to get
    BTW: Lipsmack is the only person I have EVER put on ignore
    I had to take you of ignore because seeing that you commented is more irritating then reading your comments

Freakalicious
    Feedback