Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Aliens Comic Books (Opinions and Reviews)

I have recently started to pick up my old Aliens comics again. Some really neat ones and others..... Well I wanted to know if anyone else here on the forum read them or is currently reading them. What do you think of them? Any recommendations?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    I just burned through the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1. Starting Volume 2 now. I enjoy the different stories and like seeing some of the old characters still alive, but some of the stuff they introduce is a little odd.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Shanester View Post
    I just burned through the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1. Starting Volume 2 now. I enjoy the different stories and like seeing some of the old characters still alive, but some of the stuff they introduce is a little odd.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Good to meet a fellow fan

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    I very much agree with you. The Alien as a being is quite frightening if you consider its possibilities in reality. I think a strong story based on the species reaching Earth & propogating, could be an awesome movie. The comics give us that scenario and more.

Also, I admire how the Alien adapts and develops retaining traits it "borrows" from its host, like with the Alien 3 "Dog Alien". Put them on a planet like Earth with millions of species suitable as hosts and the possibilities are endless.

My Little Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Labrynth!!!

Read it, love it, see the similarities to Alien 4, wonder why they didn't make Labrynth into a movie instead of Alien 4.

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I only really got interested in the comics a couple of years ago, and managed to find the first DH series that started after Aliens.
    Overall I found the art really terrible, and to be honest, the storyline quite convoluted.
    Agree with Shanester, I didn't like the Space Jockey's involvement at all.
    So I don't really recommend that first story arch very much.

The loose stories are much better.
    Three of my favorites are on the Omnibus 3: Labyrinth, Sacrifice and Salvation.
    Another that I highly recommend is Alchemy, very very cool storyline.

I've got the green leather bound slipcased version of the original series. It's a decent read. Interesting because it was printed before alien 3 so it continues the story of newt and hicks. After alien 3 they reprinted them with different names.

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

That's what heroes do
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I love the Aliens comics...the Vol 1 omnibus is so great. I love seeing the xenomorphs drawn. I added Mark Verheiden on facebook and e-mailed him saying how great his writing is and he wrote back saying cheers!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHarris View Post
    I've got the green leather bound slipcased version of the original series. It's a decent read. Interesting because it was printed before alien 3 so it continues the story of newt and hicks. After alien 3 they reprinted them with different names.
    i have this too - one of my fav HC graphic novels. makes for a good read.