Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bone Armor Predator

Decided to move this to it's own thread. I had been posting it in the Shadow Pred thread as it's a customized Shadow Predator. I still have some further work I want to do including getting a mask for him and painting it. I'm also considering making a custom spear using the long blade from the Berserker gauntlet that I'll never actually use in the gauntlet.

Here's a quick rundown of the story so far.

I started with this:

I bought Noland's belt and Berserker's gauntlet:

I removed:
    - the fur
    - the left shoulder armor
    - the right leather gauntlet
    - the whole belt assembly

First I took the creature skull he comes with and cut it up. I tied the lower jaw to the right shoulder. I made leather armor for the left shoulder basically by tearing thin leather I have and then hand dying it. I then attached the upper part of the skull to the leather armor.

I then repainted the Noland belt I bought. Basically I repainted all the metal parts dark bronze and glossed the "leather" parts. I added leather panels to the front and back using the same method as for the shoulder armor.

I added an additional leather belt.

I then made a leather sheath for the sword he comes with by sewing together some more leather. I attached that to a shoulder strap made from string soaked in paint. I used some of the bones and skulls he came with to decorate it.

I planned on making a real leather gauntlet for the left arm but just couldn't get it to work so I just replaced the string with my paint soaked string which I think looks a bit better.

I wrapped the right arm under the blade gauntlet with paint soaked lace webbing.

I made from scratch the bone daggar pictured above and made a leather sheath for it and tied that to the left leg with leather lace.

I also just made a variety of miscellaneous bones from scratch including the claw hanging from his belt on the front and the three bones hanging from his belt on the back.

Progress pics:

IMG_9742 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9745 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9751 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9745 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9767 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9766 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_9768 by dangercorpse, on Flickr
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/8623316464/]
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/8623316464/]

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Cool, looks great! Have you given any thought to some kind of bone bio?

Freaked Out!

Feedback
    13 (100%)

Danke talyer, I may not be able to wait for you to finish the shoulder cannon before ordering a mask.

Hellion: I plan on buying tayer's Beast mask which I'm thinking might look cool with the more organic parts painted bone and the more tech parts painted bronze. Might look weird but I think I'm going to give that a shot.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    This one is really nice! Really like how you kept him in the Lost Predators style. Reminds me the Heavy Predator from the AvP2 game, he had one huge bone-shoulder plate too. Nice. Try to lower his neck thou, it will make him even better.

I wish ADI would make with predators something that creative instead boring berserkers.

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    The armor look fantastic. Hope you can do bone bio too.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dedguy View Post
    Danke talyer, I may not be able to wait for you to finish the shoulder cannon before ordering a mask.

Hellion: I plan on buying tayer's Beast mask which I'm thinking might look cool with the more organic parts painted bone and the more tech parts painted bronze. Might look weird but I think I'm going to give that a shot.
    His bios are awesome! I had the Shadow Pred and had the viper mask for him, great quality and so many more details in hand!

Looks great dedguy! Your changes have really transformed the figure into something new, I love it. Can't wait to see how it looks with a new bio.