SSR custom series 1/6 Scale Silver Knight (Silver Age Comic Batman)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take this with a big grain of salt, but I messaged SSR on IG to ask about shipping, and they said it would ship this weekend. Not exactly holding my breath, but here's hoping...

This most likely means I have years before the Hush Superman will be released as well given that it is also one of the ones that was more custom than mass produced offering

Just received my tracking for this figure together with an apology for the delay. I have already commissioned a replacement belt for this. Yes, I know for the price I shouldn’t have had to do it, but I want it to look it’s best.
I might even switch bodies as well.

Just received my tracking for this figure together with an apology for the delay. I have already commissioned a replacement belt for this. Yes, I know for the price I shouldn’t have had to do it, but I want it to look it’s best.
I might even switch bodies as well.
I just got my tracking info also. We'll see how this goes.🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Got mine today, quick thoughts:
They definitely cheaped out (same box as TDKR figure, no batarang, parts all over the box).
That said, the head sculpt is amazing and it’s definitely the best silver/Bronze Age representation of Batman I’ve gotten.

Well, just received mine and here are some quick pros and cons...

The cut and sew is pretty good. I like the emblem. It sits up unlike a sticker or iron on. The headsculpt is pretty good. Definitely reminiscent of a Silver Age Neal Adams Batman. The underlying body feels like an M35 which is fine by me.

The wrist gauntlet and gloves do not match but the boots match perfectly which is pretty weird. The utility belt is very basic. I don't know, it just seems like it has no definition. Kinda plain. Lastly the artbox has nothing to do with the figure itself but rather the Dark Knight Returns. Go figure.

Despite all of that, it displays well. I mean I've seen better from Tony Mei and Tales Linhares but unfortunately this will have to do.

Attachments

• 20240531_145141.jpg
    20240531_145141.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240531_144823.jpg
    20240531_144823.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240531_144944.jpg
    20240531_144944.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240531_145003.jpg
    20240531_145003.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240531_145239.jpg
    20240531_145239.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240531_145248.jpg
    20240531_145248.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
The reason you think the utility belt looks weird, I would guess, is because it's unpainted. The guantlets and boots are also unpainted. Honestly, this is pretty disappointing because the accessories look awful--and there's no reason for that, since they've done better work in the past. I'm tempted to cancel it, but I think I'll just see if I can get a friend to repaint the offending parts.

The reason you think the utility belt looks weird, I would guess, is because it's unpainted. The guantlets and boots are also unpainted. Honestly, this is pretty disappointing because the accessories look awful--and there's no reason for that, since they've done better work in the past. I'm tempted to cancel it, but I think I'll just see if I can get a friend to repaint the offending parts.
Exactly. I don't think it's a "terrible" figure. But like you said, considering their previous endeavors, this should have come out much better. Is it a decent display? Absolutely. Could it have been better? Without question! I am disappointed but I guess I can tolerate it but I doubt I'd do business with them again. 300 bucks is too much for mediocre work.

Well, just received mine and here are some quick pros and cons...

The cut and sew is pretty good. I like the emblem. It sits up unlike a sticker or iron on. The headsculpt is pretty good. Definitely reminiscent of a Silver Age Neal Adams Batman. The underlying body feels like an M35 which is fine by me.

The wrist gauntlet and gloves do not match but the boots match perfectly which is pretty weird. The utility belt is very basic. I don't know, it just seems like it has no definition. Kinda plain. Lastly the artbox has nothing to do with the figure itself but rather the Dark Knight Returns. Go figure.

Despite all of that, it displays well. I mean I've seen better from Tony Mei and Tales Linhares but unfortunately this will have to do.
I don't think I've ever seen a company just put out a figure with a bare unpainted piece of plastic like that. Crazy that they thought this was okay.

It's something you wouldn't even see on 6" figures nowadays.

7WnmCZX.png

Received my Batman yesterday and immediately did a body swap to an SSR body (which improved the looks IMHO). I agree on the cheap look of the unpainted belt and it is a shame the gauntlets and gloves do not match better.

I did have to dremel out the boot peg holes since the foot pegs are wide. Also dremeled down the neck piece so the head would sit a bit lower on that body. Might need to dremel it a little further but giving it time to see if that is needed.
The belt was glued together on the side. It came apart easily but if I were to put it back on it would need to be glued again. The pants and shirt seemed to have been put together with a very mild glue which came apart easily. I had to sew it together on the SSR body since it was larger.

Waiting for my custom belt. Once completed I’ll make sure to post photos in this thread.

Back