InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ring appears fine, as does the moth....but of course my headsculpt doesn't have a magnet in it. :rolleyes:

For as good as the headsculpt is, it really doesn't excuse all of the other QA issues and inconsistencies with this figure. Not at the price we're paying for it, anyway.

Despite being a later pre order I ended up with a inscripted ring so that’s a relief.

Kit got back with me, and Inart is sending me a pencil to fix my Gandalfs nose since he/they didn’t have any spare heads, so we’ll see how that turns out. Inart is sponsored by crayola now, lol. I know it was gonna be a long shot to get a head, so I’m not mad at all, it’s just kinda funny.

IMG_5313.jpeg

It’s super hard to see the details on the ring but I think mine as advertised. It’s shiny versus more matte. The inscription I have a hard time seeing but if I take a picture and magnify it I think I see it.

Despite being a later pre order I ended up with a inscripted ring so that’s a relief.

Kit got back with me, and Inart is sending me a pencil to fix my Gandalfs nose since he/they didn’t have any spare heads, so we’ll see how that turns out. Inart is sponsored by crayola now, lol. I know it was gonna be a long shot to get a head, so I’m not mad at all, it’s just kinda funny.

View attachment 703784
A pencil?
What was wrong with your Gandalf's head?

Forgot but Idk if anyone also has an issue with Gandalf's hands. Some go in to the ball joint easily others don't go all the way. His right grip hand barely goes in and doesn't hold his staff and sword well enough which is a shame.

Forgot but Idk if anyone also has an issue with Gandalf's hands. Some go in to the ball joint easily others don't go all the way. His right grip hand barely goes in and doesn't hold his staff and sword well enough which is a shame.

My Gandalf's right grip hand won't fit on the peg too. I haven't had time to figure out if it's a magnet issue or if the hole's just too small for the peg but I'm thinking it might be the latter. Heating the hand didn't help. The other hands are fine though, fortunately!

My Gandalf's right grip hand won't fit on the peg too. I haven't had time to figure out if it's a magnet issue or if the hole's just too small for the peg but I'm thinking it might be the latter. Heating the hand didn't help. The other hands are fine though, fortunately!
I was thinking of pulling the magnet out of the hand and checking if it's not all the way in. But I might also dremel the hand a bit if it's not, it's a bit annoying having those kind of issues on such a high end figure.

Many people have this issue, myself included. I ended up dunking the hands in boiling water and popping the magnet out with a pair of tweezers. The hand fits fine on the peg. I tried to scrape excess glue out of the hole in the hand, but never could get the hand to fit on the peg with the magnet in place.

I never checked if there's enough of a hold on the peg for it to actually hold the accessory once the hand is on the wrist peg. Would suck if after all that work, the hand falls off under the weight of holding the sword or staff. A $500 figure that can't hold its accessories. :confused:

The ring inscription is microscopic, but it is easy to make out with a magnifying glass or really sharp eyes.
When I opened my Gandalf I just checked on the small bag from the outside (since the bag is a bit see thru) to make sure the ring and the moth were there.. but I never really opened the bag till now, because of this thread..
You weren't kidding when you said the inscription is microscopic.. I can't really see it with my naked eyes, but from the lousy phone camera, I can see it!

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-23 at 15.16.41.jpeg

Never realize how small the 1/6 ring is! Crazy detail on this piece!!

Back