Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone first time posting here and practically new to the hobbie, just thought should share some of photos I have taken for Starman Chun-li. Got the Playtoy ver in pre order as well so cant wait to get that one as well.
IMG_3979_Danhilo.jpg
IMG_4070-Enhanced-NR-2 copy.jpg
IMG_4065_Danhilo.jpg
IMG_3887-Danhilo.jpg
IMG_4102_Danhilo.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Few thoughts from unboxing, really impressed by this figure, I like how vibrant the clothing is and I think the proportions look spot on. The body is really posable, and is very soft, feels softer than a Phicen body to me and it feels surprisingly light.

I got mine from Gundamit for about $180 shipped and I think for the price its solid. You get another alternative clothing set but I haven't had to courage to try that on yet, since I figured it be a pain to tie the laces and put the boots back on again.

A couple cons I would say is the hair buns are held up by magnets that attach to the head. However the magnets are pretty weak and if you try and pose the figure, the hair buns can fall off , so I would recommend to take the hair buns off before posing. Also as others have mentioned here, the elbow silicone is pretty thin, you can see the skeleton metal colour showing through when you bend the arm, feels pretty fragile.

I should have my Playtoy version in the next few days, I'm excited to compare to see which is the definitive version of the offerings so far.

I got my Star Man Chun-Li three days ago and overall the figure is phenomenal and people should believe in the hype! As mentioned by Akiratang, the primary costume is gorgeous, the colors are vivid and eye catching, the lustrous shine on the fabric gives it an additional lively presence. The outfit minimally restricts articulation (puffy shoulder pads sometimes get in the way) and I was more than surprised to be able to pull off the splits for sitting (horizontal and vertical) and standing by utilizing her arm to hold the leg in place. I have seen other collectors pull off the standing splits without the aid of the arms, so I will try to see if I can properly balance her in the future and accomplish this challenge. Regardless, the fact that it is even possible, is a huge win for this figure!

The clothing is very accurate to the character with minor deviations but, it was hard for me to pinpoint which game exactly Star Man was going for. It should be noted that her appearance in the games alters slightly from one to another whether it is from the mainline SF to Capcom vs Marvel to Fortnite. The boots supposedly are made out of real leather but, I am not an expert on materials so, I will defer to the experts if this is true or not. Lastly, they have a surprisingly amount of give and flexibility, allowing more options in posing.

The addition of the SF Zero/Alpha clothing set was the primary driving force for me choosing the Star Man over the Play Toy version and IMO, the gamble paid off. The clothing is just as striking as the first. It perfectly hugs the seamless body, providing a great silhouette for poses in conjunction with showcasing Chun-Li's robust figure. It is thankfully, relatively easy to put on but, I would suggest taking your time to pull up the body suit for the Zero look. The spiked wristlets are amazingly sharp and you should be mindful how you position them, so you do not to tear the clothing or body.

As for cons, I did notice my copy appears to have micro tears on one of the legs from the onset of my unboxing. It is difficult to notice at a distance due to the dark brown stockings but, sometimes my OCD gets the better of me and it becomes an eyesore. Hopefully, I can have aftersales assistance to exchange for the defect. Additionally, I have seen a review of the Play Toys version which seems to have a similar issue (https://b23.tv/KMmc6ft 1:16-1:29) so, hopefully it is not a widespread issue for both companies and I was just unlucky. I did mention I was unsure which Chun-Li iteration this figure is based on and I would say it is an amalgamation Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Screenshot_2024-05-31-11-35-31-25_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

The waistband embroidery and the golden accents are inaccurate but, these are minor nitpicks I can overlook. The Play Toy version gets these more right in their figure.

Star Man decided to stray away from the SF aesthetic of their characters having oversized hands and feet; a look I am not a fan of. I was very pleased to see a more realistic proportion used which is more in line with the majority of my figures. Although, I can understand if this is a turnoff for purists, the IconiQ version will surely rectify this. The paint job for the sculpt and body is done very well and exceeded my expectations. Star Man did not use a flat color skin tone throughout like some other seamless bodies I own. There is a blushing effect on the facial cheeks, around the eyelids, elbow joints, and I saw a picture on a FB group where a collector took off the leggings and there was even vein work details. I do prefer the look of the Star Man body vs the Play Toy. I am more inclined towards the more slender arms on the SM than the more muscular toned ones on the PT. I did have a worry that the skinner arm would cause an issue with the metal frame poking out from the skin but, from my limited time with the figure that did not appear to be the case.

All in all, this is a great release and whether you get the SM or PT there is a lot to love for the both of them. They look extraordinary and are a joy to pose. I am still interested in seeing what IconiQ has up their sleeve but, in this humble collectors opinion, the bar has been set pretty high. I have never heard of Star Man before this Chun-Li figure and I am glad I decided to take the chance. To close out, this piece has made me even more excited for their Cammy release and indeed, Fighting Game fans hungry for quality 1/6 figures are eating good right now!

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

Last edited:
I got my Star Man Chun-Li three days ago and overall the figure is phenomenal and people should believe in the hype! As mentioned by Akiratang, the primary costume is gorgeous, the colors are vivid and eye catching, the lustrous shine on the fabric gives it an additional lively presence. The outfit minimally restricts articulation (puffy shoulder pads sometimes get in the way) and I was more than surprised to be able to pull off the splits for sitting (horizontal and vertical) and standing by utilizing her arm to hold the leg in place. I have seen other collectors pull off the standing splits without the aid of the arms, so I will try to see if I can properly balance her in the future and accomplish this challenge. Regardless, the fact that it is even possible, is a huge win for this figure! The clothing is very accurate to the character with minor deviations but, it was hard for me to pinpoint which game exactly Star Man was going for. It should be noted that her appearance in the games alters slightly from one to another. Until the primary costume overhaul in Street Fighter VI; albeit she does have the classic outfit as a bonus look. The boots supposedly are made out of real leather but, I am not an expert on material so, I will defer to the experts if this is true or not. Lastly, It has a surprisingly amount of give and flexibility, allowing more options in posing.

The addition of the SF Zero/Alpha clothing set was the primary driving force for me choosing the Star Man over the Play Toy version and IMO my gamble paid off. The clothing is just as striking as the first and perfect hugs the seamless body providing a great silhouette for poses and showcasing Chun-Li's robust figure. It is relatively easy to put on but, I would suggest taking your time to pull up the body suit for the Zero look. The spiked wristlets are amazingly sharp and you should be mindful how you position them so you do not to tear the clothing or body.

As for cons, I did notice my copy appears to have micro tears on one of the legs from the onset of my unboxing. It is difficult to notice at a distance due to the dark brown stockings but, sometimes my OCD gets the better of me it is an eyesore. Hopefully, I can have aftersales assistance to exchange for the defect. Additionally, I have seen a review of the Play Toys version which seems to have a similar issue (https://b23.tv/KMmc6ft 1:16-1:29) so, hopefully it is not a widespread issue for both companies and I was just unlucky. I did mention I was unsure which Chun-Li iteration this figure is based on and I would say it is an amalgamation Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

View attachment 705418

The waistband embroidery and the golden accents are inaccurate but, these are minor nitpicks I can overlook. The Play Toy version gets these more right in their figure.

Star Man decided to stray away from the SF aesthetic of having their characters have oversized hands and feet; a look I am not a fan of. I was very pleased to see a more realistic proportion used and I can understand if this is a turnoff for purists. Paint job for the sculpt and body is done very well and exceeded my expectations. Star Man did not use a flat color skin tone throughout like some other seamless bodies I own. There is a blushing effect on the facial cheeks, around the eyelids, elbow joints, and I saw a picture on a FB group where a collector took off the leggings and there was even vein work details. I do prefer the look of the Star Man body vs the Play Toy. I prefer the more slender arms on the SM than the more muscular tone ones on the PT. I did have a worry that the skinner arm would cause an issue with the metal frame poking out from the skin but, from my limited time with the figure that did not appear to be the case.

All in all, this is a great release and whether you get the SM or PT there is a lot to love for the both of them. They look extraordinary and are a joy to pose. I am still interested in seeing what IconiQ has up their sleeve but, in this humble collectors opinion, the bar has been set pretty high. I have never heard of Star Man before this Chun-Li figure and I am glad I decided to take the chance. To close out, this piece has made me even more excited for their Cammy release and indeed, Fighting Game fans hungry for quality 1/6 figures are eating good right now!

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.
Great review and insight! I'm also excited for the starman Cammy, I think it looks better than the Playtoy version whereas I think the two Chun-li offerings are closer.

I haven't tried the alternative outfit yet, but did you keep the brown leggings on when putting on the jumpsuit? Or you need to take it off?

Great review and insight! I'm also excited for the starman Cammy, I think it looks better than the Playtoy version whereas I think the two Chun-li offerings are closer.

I haven't tried the alternative outfit yet, but did you keep the brown leggings on when putting on the jumpsuit? Or you need to take it off?
I kept the brown leggings on and I think it works out just fine. I do have the Play Toy on the way as well and may keep my SM in the Zero look and the Play Toy in the classic.

Back