Hot Toys Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (final suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've seen one diorama yet whose price seemed to economically line up with my mind. I consider myself to be a balanced collector between what I purchase according to interests and price. I did not by this diorama because to me, it didn't look big enough. Now upon release, I'd say that thought is still in place. A couple more square inches and a taller piece with a full window Spidey can actually hang out of and I would've been down.
Looking at the photos, the base does look a but small. Maybe that's it that's throwing it off....the price of the base is high because the base is very small compared to the figure.

I watched justin videos and that the first thought, the base is very small. I think it's well painted, but it makes the Spidey seem overscaled due to the base being small.

2 inches L,W, and H would have made it much better.

I have personally never paired any of my figures with any of the dioramas they come with, but I can see why some collectors like them.

I could only see myself potentially using a huge diorama similar to one I saw in the BvS Batman thread where a member created an incredible like alley/street scene that had the Batmobile, Batman and Superman. I wish I could remember who did it but it is amazing.

So for me the diorama would have to be large and immersive feeling for me to want to use one. But a lot of that may be due to my own lack of imagination.

I like dioramas but it depends on how well they're done. Good dioramas (and posing) can have the figure looking like they popped out of a scene from the movie. There's also the beauty of the figure just being on it's own with a simple clean base. Really can't go wrong with either, just comes down to taste.

I usually opt for the option that includes it in case I ever want to mix up my display. I rather have the option to do so than not.

8lUMflr.jpeg
pjHh9fq.jpeg

y9UxzFS.jpeg
EijkKBU.jpeg

Recieved mine today and it's a great looking figure but I have an issue with the masked head.
There's a small hole at the seemline that is causing the web line to be offset and not straight.
I've contacted TBA about it so let's see what happens.
View attachment 705050
View attachment 705051
View attachment 705052
Just a quick update TBA are going to replace the figure for me, they contacted Secret Base and they advised to return the figure + masked head sculpt and they will provide me with a replacement.
Amazing customer service from TBA, can't fault them at all.

Okay I'm gonna weigh in on this because I actually have some experience in making these things. And I rather like this base.

The relative cost of this base is very much worth it, as are most of them; however you have to remember that all of these things are inflated in price in the first place, and put that aside for the time being.

The question isn't "is this too expensive" (realistically, you're spending that much on a dollie anyway, $60 isn't the dealbreaker here), rather the core question is "do I truly use dioramas for display". Full stop, this is what determines the worth to you.

You then evaluate again: "Can I make this myself?" and, perhaps more importantly, "is the time to make it worth $60?" Ah there's the crux. For example, can I make this base myself? Honestly, yes. Yes I can make something that visually meets this roof.

Now can I do it in 6 hours (assuming a $10 post tax salary in this hypothetical) and make it match the standard of what I want my work to look like? No, I probably can't. Considering I work very traditionally and don't have access to recreational 3D printers or advanced mold making, I'd scratch build it all. If I was commissioned to make thing, sure it would look better, but I would charge more than $60 to make it, even if the footprint was identical to the HT one.

But back to personal goals. Could I make a good facsimile? Yeah on all accounts, but at that point I know the solid molded, factory durable paint, will usurp my rushed project.

And all things considered, my time is extremely valuable provided my career and life. I don't have a lot of time for my hobbies as is, and display bases are key to my collection. If I am going to sit down to actually craft, I'd rather work on something I can't buy, or keep modifying my Dark Horse Witcher statues (all of which are getting diorama bases, on the subject).

Just a quick update TBA are going to replace the figure for me, they contacted Secret Base and they advised to return the figure + masked head sculpt and they will provide me with a replacement.
Amazing customer service from TBA, can't fault them at all.
That’s good they’re exchanging it. The comic classic spidey had this as a problem on pretty much every picture I’ve seen

That’s good they’re exchanging it. The comic classic spidey had this as a problem on pretty much every picture I’ve seen
Yeah their customer service has never let me down, I think the reason they are replacing it is also because of the hole rather than the web line not being straight as I guess that would be harder to get correct on every head sculpt and probably falls within their tolerances.

I like dioramas but it depends on how well they're done. Good dioramas (and posing) can have the figure looking like they popped out of a scene from the movie. There's also the beauty of the figure just being on it's own with a simple clean base. Really can't go wrong with either, just comes down to taste.

I usually opt for the option that includes it in case I ever want to mix up my display. I rather have the option to do so than not.

8lUMflr.jpeg
pjHh9fq.jpeg

y9UxzFS.jpeg
EijkKBU.jpeg
Beautiful posing AND use of the diorama!

I'm really glad to have this on pre-order. I've got the Classic Suit and Comic Spidey sharing a Detolf and this guy will fit in nicely with them. The suit is similar enough to the classic and comic but unique enough to be necessary on that shelf. The blue material that some dislike I actually like as, again, it'll make it a bit different on my particular shelf. The unmasked sculpt is great but I probably won't use it...

Back