Agonistes' Star Wars customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some more good progress this week.

I felt that something was still off the whole time, and I narrowed it down to the size of the mouth. I then realized that making the inside more angled towards the center is what makes the mouth appear smaller, so I started sculpting on there.

I also dremeled the nose a bit deeper and sculpted the inside to be less flared out and more straight.

And finally I also sculpted some more on top of the chest armor. Now I feel I have the thickness down, which incidently also closes the gap towards the helmet.

I still need to sand and smooth out the new parts some more, but this gives an idea of the difference to before. Also included a test fit on the body. I'm really liking where this is going. :)

I'm going on vacation for two weeks this weekend, so I won't have any new updates for a while. But I'm happy with where I got now, so my obsession can rest for a bit. :lol

20240531_223102.jpg

20240531_223042.jpg

20240531_223541.jpg

20240531_224251.jpg

Made some more good progress this week.

I felt that something was still off the whole time, and I narrowed it down to the size of the mouth. I then realized that making the inside more angled towards the center is what makes the mouth appear smaller, so I started sculpting on there.

I also dremeled the nose a bit deeper and sculpted the inside to be less flared out and more straight.

And finally I also sculpted some more on top of the chest armor. Now I feel I have the thickness down, which incidently also closes the gap towards the helmet.

I still need to sand and smooth out the new parts some more, but this gives an idea of the difference to before. Also included a test fit on the body. I'm really liking where this is going. :)

I'm going on vacation for two weeks this weekend, so I won't have any new updates for a while. But I'm happy with where I got now, so my obsession can rest for a bit. :lol

View attachment 705458

View attachment 705459

View attachment 705460

View attachment 705461
Shaping up to be the best Vader EVER.

Shaping up to be the best Vader EVER.
Thanks!

It might sound arrogant, but that is actually my goal whenever I work on a custom, at least within the scale I'm working on.
There are exceptions like Heath Ledger Joker, where there are just so many incredible works out there that I can't even imagine to compete with.

But for my 1:6 SW customs, and now my 1:4 Vader, I aim to make a version that reaches a level I've never seen anybody surpass before for that character in that scale.

After Vader and my Tatooine diorama, my next customs will be my Sandtroopers. That will be difficult, since there already incredible versions out there by Solo_Bones and TaliBane. Those are my personal benchmarks.

Thanks!

It might sound arrogant, but that is actually my goal whenever I work on a custom, at least within the scale I'm working on.
There are exceptions like Heath Ledger Joker, where there are just so many incredible works out there that I can't even imagine to compete with.

But for my 1:6 SW customs, and now my 1:4 Vader, I aim to make a version that reaches a level I've never seen anybody surpass before for that character in that scale.

After Vader and my Tatooine diorama, my next customs will be my Sandtroopers. That will be difficult, since there already incredible versions out there by Solo_Bones and TaliBane. Those are my personal benchmarks.
No need to be modest. That's not arragance. Your pride in your work is well at its place.

Besides, Hot Toys really set the bar low (in this particular scale) for Star Wars. And the property hasn't attracted the attention of individual artists as a character like Ledger's Joker has. Which is a shame really.

I'm confident this will surpass anything I've seen. Now, I'm not well versed with much work outside of this scale, but I do think 1/6 (and subsequently 1/4 in this case) brings out the highest level of attention from detail oriented collectors. The only thing I can equate to that is cosplay and prop making, but that's something else I guess.

Back